Email not displaying correctly? | View it in your browser

Coal Forum Headlines

It is our intent to keep you and your colleagues abreast of pertinent developments within the coal industry on a frequent basis. 

Accordingly, Coal Forum Headlines is a compilation of daily articles and stories about coal from around the region and the world. Upon reviewing this news stream, if you have suggestions to improve it or make it more useful please let us know.  And lastly, please share this with your colleagues and if they have an interest simply have them visit here to receive future editions directly.

Manchin's pushback against key climate policy leaves WV coal industry satisfied, climate ...
Charleston Gazette

“Nobody says it better than Senator Manchin when he insists we need to 'innovate, not eliminate,'” West Virginia Coal Association President Chris ...

Biden scrambling to save climate plan following opposition from Manchin
Bluefield Daily Telegraph

Joe Manchin from coal-state West Virginia, has made it clear he is opposing the president's proposal t o have the government provide financial ...

China's Coal Rally Slows as Authorities Act to Tame Price

Qinhuangdao, a key coal port, has reached an agreement with coal miners, power plants and railway operators to cap prices of some supplies at no ...

China Weighs Coal Market Intervention to End Stunning Rally

Qinhuangdao, a key coal port, has reached an agreement with coal miners, power plants and railway operators to cap prices of some supplies at no ...

Englo Global to move near WVU Tech campus
The Register-Herald

“Politicians, for years, have preached that they're going to find ways to use coal in a different way to keep our coal miners busy, but it never ...

China's coal shortage to ease in coming months, industry body says
Hellenic Shipping News Worldwide

Daily coal production by the coal miners monitored by the China Coal Transportation and Distribution (CCTD) rose 4.5% in the first 13 days of ...

Hoppy Kercheval: PSC made right call on plants, customer rates (Opinion)
Charleston Gazette

Others believe the upgrades will artificially prolong the life of coal-based electricity at a time when the country is moving more toward ...

Ohio coal subsidies’ benefits don’t outweigh costs, economists say
Energy News Network

Ohio coal subsidies' benefits don't outweigh costs, economists say. Surveyed economists condemned the fact that coal plant owners have so far reaped ...

Indonesia's higher coal output target thwarted by heavy rains
Hellenic Shipping News Worldwide

Global coal prices have soared to records this year on a recovery in industrial fuel demand and constrained mine output in top coal consumer China.

US coal ship departures fall 17.9% on week: cFlow
S&P Global

The second-highest volume of US coal shipments was headed to Egypt at 241,712 dwt, with 75% shipped out from the Atlantic Coast and the remaining 25% ...

India aluminium producers draw costly power from grid, hurting utilities low on coal

A crippling shortage across the country has pushed state-run Coal India to impose temporary supply curbs to non-power consumers, including the energy- ...

Bulgaria will not exit coal until 2040
Energy Live News

That's the view of green campaigners such as Greenpeace Bulgaria and Europe Beyond Coal, which have already pointed to the fact the Bulgarian coal ...

Connect with The Coal Forum:  Web | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
Who We Are
The West Virginia Coal Forum was created in 1986 under the auspices of the Mine Safety & Technical Review Committee and at the direction of the West Virginia Legislative Committee on Coal Mining. This body was created to establish a forum for the coal industry to jointly resolve or develop technical and other issues impacting the industry, particularly those issues of an economic nature, or of major significance to the coal industry. The Forum also provides a means for management and labor leaders to develop joint legislative issues and programs and to promote the coal industry.

West Virginia Coal Forum
106 Dee Drive | Charleston, WV 25311